News

1200 BLACK BLOC PROTESTERS SMASHED SHOPS CREATING RIOTS FOR MAY DAY IN PARIS

289 ARRESTED AND 109 IN CUSTODY

Black Bloc Protesters 1st May Paris (Source: Black Block)
Police Paris / Black Bloc Protesters
(Source: Black Block)
USPA NEWS - "There were so many of us today, but on May 5th, our bloc will be much bigger.The battle against capitalism is just beginning, we are giving you an appointment in the street" Here are the promises of the BLACK BLOC who caused big protests and shows incredible violence, the worst since May 68, in Paris, May 1, International Labor Day. The "theoretically" peaceful demonstration of May 1, which celebrates the work around the world was spoiled by the irruption of 1200 armed individuals, and masks, weapons for some, in the district of Bastille and Austerlitz. This excess of violence shocked not only public opinion but also the organisers, including the trade unions, on the march of May 1, which was "turned towards anti-capitalist and anti-capitalist denunciations until the extreme free violence". The breakers, burned cars stolen from the Mercedes dealer shop, and attacked the symbols of "capitalism" including Mac Donalds, Fast Food, totally ransacked by breaking the windows and looting the victuals. Of the 289 persons arrested by the police force, 109 were held in police custody, and some of them were even minors. A third of them were women.
Graffiti BLACK BLOC
Source: Rahma Sophia Rachdi
THE 1,200 NBLACK BLOC PROTESTERS HAVE CLASHED WITH POLICE AND CREATED RIOTS AND HUGE DAMAGES IN PARIS More than 1,200 “˜Black Bloc´ protesters have clashed with police in the French capital, On 1st May Day, march. Some fo them were armed, and they all wren wearing masks and hoodies. Protesters reportedly smashed the windows of a McDonald´s restaurant before setting it on fire, and sprayed anti-fascist graffiti on a number of walls throughout the area. During the clash, Police special, of Riot forces had to use water cannons on the Black Bloc Protesters, who seemed to be pretty well organised, very determined and prepared to the collisions. FRENCH POLICE ARRESTED 289 PROTESTERS AND 109 OF THEM WWRE IN CUSTODY-------------------------------- French Police arrested 289 people, and 109 of them were in custody. The May Day march, was supposed to be a peaceful march, to celebrate the Worldwide Labour Day, organised by the labours unions. This is three months already that French railway unions have begun rolling strikes over the government´s plans to overhaul the state-run SNCF railway. A national strike is also planned for next sturdy may 5th, as the union have announced a convergence of strikes between railway workers and civil servants, pensioners, and students, protesting recent government reforms. All this augurs a very famous anniversary of May 1968, especially in Paris.------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ The violence came on the 50th anniversary of the beginning of the 1968 Paris protests and general strikes that paralysed France for more than a month.. French Prime mInister, said that “ It could be still continue“ as he went to congratulate the Police Forces, after the operation was closed. Gerard Collomb, French Interior Minister, promised to “ pursue the arrest of the a certain number of Protesters to act, in the coming days“, replying to David Pujadas, LCI Channel TV.

more information: https://I am correspondent based in France, registered and empowered by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. I am wheelchair bound, and work on my own, without any assistant, nor photographer, working under my name. The law punishes the identity theft. My works being

Liability for this article lies with the author, who also holds the copyright. Editorial content from USPA may be quoted on other websites as long as the quote comprises no more than 5% of the entire text, is marked as such and the source is named (via hyperlink).